Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday Thirteen - Things I Love About Being a Father


1. My daugher's face lights up whenever I come home.
2. I love watching her grow and develop - it's amazing!
3. I've learned more about how God loves me than ever before.
4. I love that I get to teach her about God's love for her (this also terrifies me because I don't always do it very well).
5. She reminds me to "become like a little child" and teaches me every day how to do that.
6. Even when I'm upset with her, I'm glad that I get to keep her, and don't have to give her back at the end of the day.
7. I love to make her giggle! She has such an infectious laugh!
8. I know it sounds selfish, but I love that she looks up to me more than any other man (this is also humbling and terrifying).
9. I get lost in how beautiful she is sometimes - I love looking at her and wondering at how gorgeous she is!
10. I love that she challenges me to be better than I am, for her sake (and she doesn't even know it!).
11. I love making stuff for her - it's somehow more special because it's for her.
12. I love teaching her about the world: words, ideas, images.
13. I love her, just for who she is!

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a cute smile!!

Your daughter is very blessed to have you as a daddy.